Murray Hotel: another prestigious collaboration with Foster+Partners
The Murray Building, originally a public works building designed by Ron Philips and opened in 1969, was recently renovated and repurposed as a 336-room luxury hotel called The Murray. Fabbian collaborated, once again, with Foster + Partners and created unique custom works that helped restore character and life to a Hong Kong landmark building.
Custom works include 5 glass dividing walls of different sizes and considerable weight designed to mimic the building facade's grid pattern and were accented by LED panels that enhanced the shine of the glass tiles; 2 rectangular suspension pieces that used Cheope glass in a custom developed Eulithe frame.
Ph: Nigel Young / Foster+Partners
- • Five illuminated glass divider walls
- • Approximately 2000 pounds of crystal
- • Grid design to mimic building facade
- • Three large-scale suspension lights
- • Designs developed using innovative materials
- • Custom panels with integral seismic protection
- • Extensive prototyping and testing